Welcome to Sew Sew...
this website is a work in progress.
Whether you're a fabric shop, a pattern company, a fabric designer or anyone who needs samples, let's help each other!
I LOVE to sew and I need content.
Simply put- if I sew each week for my live stream I would easily end up with almost 50 new items each year. Hey, I like clothes but I'm sort of a minimalist when it comes to belongings.
In exchange for supplying me with everything I need to make your project, you will get videos on how to sew your project, and a bit of exposure. My stream is growing every day! And while this is something new, the response is really wonderful so far!
There is no charge for this right now- I need content and I am not currently monetizing my stream.
Here are the details
Please supply the following:
1. Pattern: The pattern must be one I can cut. You can have a pdf pattern printed and mailed to me however I do not have the time to tape pattern pieces together or trace/make a copy of them unless they are very minimal. Preferably I'd like to keep the pattern but this isn't mandatory. Let me know if mods are allowed! I mod on the fly things like pockets and sewing steps.
2. Fabric: You can pick the fabrics however please run the fabric choice by me first- I am mostly concerned with how it will work with cameras (black fabrics, some prints, stripes and plaids, and solid white can all be challenging to film and challenging for the viewer to look at.)
3. Findings/Notions: I have the thread if it's not too unique of a color however please supply the other items- I don't have access to all garment sewing notions in my town all the time. If you need to supply something specific to a machine- let me know.
4. Details: Tell me what size and view to make and any details you'd like me to share with my viewers. Please provide the fabric details as my stream WILL ask! If it's not available that's fine- just let me know. Let me know your timeline. I'm very fast however I may have some things already scheduled.
5. Shipping: And please provide a shipping label back to you.
6. Lastly, I am trying to grow my stream- especially viewers while I'm live and sharing the videos to your followers is very helpful. This is why I'm doing this :)
1. Project: I will prep your project, create graphics and thumbnails for the videos and social media, and pre-wash the project materials. And I will cut and sew it on camera!
2. Social: After completing the project I will photograph the garment casually either flat, on a dress form or on a person and share it on Instagram once it's complete. Generally I post on Instagram once before cutting, once the day of cutting, once after, and the same for the sewing videos. Plus I post once it's complete. In general I post 5 - 8 times on average per project mostly in my Instagram grid and sometimes in Stories.
3. Materials: I will return your fabrics and leftover supplies with your sample. I'll tag you on Instagram and make it very clear I'm making this with your generosity!
4. Videos: Some garments are only one live stream of sewing and some are in two parts. Depending upon your project it will either be 2 or 3 videos. They will live on YouTube for re-watching after I'm live and also links to them will exist here on the website.
5. Example: Here is an example of one such project and all the details I will write up:
I hope we can work together!
I spend a lot of effort on my projects and my viewers are such a great bunch of sewists. They appreciate my sewing style, sometimes challenge me about why I do something the way I do, offer suggestions and really engage with me about the project. I also hope you can trust me and let me experience your project the way I would if it were my own. I feel this is the most authentic experience and I like to be very transparent about my process, impressions about the pattern and fabric and sizing. I respect pattern drafters very much. I am one myself and have been for over 30 years. And I respect the path that any drafter takes on their pattern- even if it isn't one I'd take myself- I still love experiencing a different point of view!
I am particularly interested in promoting inclusive sizing and diversity in the crafting world too. No company is too small or too big with which to work. I believe we're all equal.
Please contact me further if you'd like to discuss a sponsored stream further and thanks!